After starting solids to baby what to give ? is biggest question mother has. As young babies cant chew and thus digest the food.There are many baby foods available in the market and which are easy to digest for young babies.
Instead of using any packed outside baby food home made baby food is hygienic ,nutritious and good option too. As it is home made, it is without any preservatives,chemicals.Moreover it is easy to make and make once use many times.
Home made baby food is made by grinding rice and lentils.This home made baby food powder can be used for months if stored in air tight containers. Variety of lentils can be used to make it for more taste and nutrition.
For young baby/infant only moong dal along with rice is used. Moong dal is easy to digest so its is used in more quantity.Other lentils like toor dal,chana dal in small quantity can be used to make it more nutritious and tasty too. Proportion of the lentils with rice can be changed as per baby age. Once make powder of grains and store it in airtight container.It can be used for many months.For serving this baby food it takes only 10 minutes to cook it.Grated vegetable like cabbage,carrots,couli flower,tomatoes,mutter can be added in baby food to make it more nutritious.
- Rice 1 kg
- Toor dal 1 cup
- Moong dal 2 cups
- For cleaning rice :Wash rice for cleaning and spread it on cotton cloth under sun for drying.
- Clean lentils using cotton cloth.
- Heat heavy bottom pan and roast rice and lentils.It takes around 15-20 minutes to roast it.
- Once grain cool down grind them in grinder to get fine powder.
- Store baby food powder in air tight container.
- While making baby food use this grains powder as per requirement in following way:
- Add spoon full of ghee in pan and add 2 spoon of this grains powder in it.
- Saute it for 2 minutes and add 1 cup of water in it.
- Add salt and cook this grains powder in water for 5 minutes
- Serve nutritious baby food.