Ragi / nachani is very rich in iron , calcium , Amino acid and antioxidants. Ragi has high dietary fiber content which promotes better digestion.The high calcium and iron contents in ragi is useful for the bone growth and overall development of the infant so it is used during weaning. Its one of the popular baby recipe and gets ready under 10 minutes only. BAbies like the taste of this porridge as its sweet.
Nachani satv is made by processing ragi and is very nutritious.Specially-processed ragi powders (Nachani satv ) for infants are available.This ragi porridge is made using the ready made powder. I gave ragi porridge to both my kids when they were babies.
- Nachani satv / ragi powder 1 tb spoon
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Cardamom powder 1 pinch
- Take a bowl and mix ragi powder with milk while stirring.Make sure there are no lumps in it.
- Pour mixture in cooking pan and add sugar in it.
- Add water in ragi mixture if required and mix well.
- Boil ragi mixture on low flame and keep stirring in between.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and Ragi porridge is ready to serve.