Dashmi is one of the many types of roti/bread made across many parts of india. Its quick recipe and has very good shelf life .It is good to carry for traveling as it stays good for 2- 3 days.Milk is used for making Dashmi dough and it makes it very soft and tasty. Use full cream milk for rich taste. Dashmi is good way to include more milk in diet specially when kids hesitate drinking milk.Dry fruits like cashews /almonds powder can also be added in dashami for increasing nutritious value.
Dashmi can be made sweet as well salty/savory. For making sweet Dashmi sugar or jagery can be used as sweetener. While making plain/savory use salt instead of sugar. I am posting recipe of sweet Dashmi .
- Atta / wheat flour 4 cups
- Full cream milk 2 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Ghee 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Boil milk in a pan and add sugar in it.
- Switch off gas and sprinkle cardamom powder in milk.
- After milk gets cold add wheat flour and salt in it .
- Fold in the flour to make hard dough.Let it rest for half an hour.
- Make small balls of dough and roll thick dashmi / roti.
- Roast dashmi on both sides using non stick pan.
- Apply ghee and serve dashmi.