Chapatti /roti/ paratha is the bread in our meals. Main meals are incomplete without the bread so it’s mandatory to have any of these. I make variety of vegetables savoury parathas for meals. But sometimes to satisfy that sweet cravings we go for Dashami sweet roti. Delicious sweet roti loaded with goodness of milk and dry fruits.
It’s quick and hassle free recipe. It has very good shelf life and so can be used up to 3-4 days. Milk is used for kneading whole wheat dough and it makes Dashami very soft and tasty. Make sure to use full cream milk. Dashami is good way to include more milk in diet especially when kids hesitate drinking milk. Add dry fruits like cashew nuts, almonds in powder form to make Dashami richer in taste. Dashami can be sweet as well salty/savoury. For making sweet Dashami sugar or japery can be used as sweetener. While making plain/savoury use salt and spices instead of sugar.
- Atta / wheat flour 4 cups
- Full cream milk 2 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Ghee 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Boil milk in a pan and add sugar in it.
- Switch off gas and sprinkle cardamom powder in milk.
- After milk gets cold add wheat flour and salt in it .
- Fold in the flour to make hard dough.Let it rest for half an hour.
- Make small balls of dough and roll thick dashmi / roti.
- Roast dashmi on both sides using non stick pan.
- Apply ghee and serve dashmi.