Cucumber thalipeeth is served as breakfast /brunch.It goes well with onion/cucumber raita, curd or home made butter.Its perfect combination of vegetables ,multi grains and selected spices.
Jowar atta ,wheat atta , chickpeas flour are mainly used for making it. Also moong dal flour, mataki flour can be added in this parath to make it more nutritious. Along with protein pack grains vegetables are used as ingredients in this paratha.This multigrain paratha can be made by adding Grated onions ,bottle guard ,cucumber, coriander leaves or any other vegetables also.Vegetables combination and flour proportion can be changed as per choice. Posting simple recipe of cucmber thalipith with bottle guard.
- Jowar flour 3 cup
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Besan 1 tb spoon
- Bottle gourd /kaddu small size
- Cucumber 1
- Green chili 2
- Butter 2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Garlic cloves 4
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Oil tb spoon
- Ajwain seeds 1 tea spoon
- Wash and grate vegetables cucumber and bottle gourd.
- Wash and finely chop chilies , coriander leaves and make a paste of garlic.
- Mix all flours and dry spices in above vegetable mixture.
- Knead hard dough without using much water as vegetables have water in it.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes before making thalipith.
- Make small circular thalipiths using wet clothes on chakala.
- Heat non stick pan and roast thalipith on both sides by applying oil.
- Serve thalipith with onion raita or butter.