Moong dosa is type of dosa made with Green gram and its quick to make as well. Moong dosa don’t need any fermentation and tasty option for breakfast. Soak moong dal /Whole moong for 8-9 hours and grind it with some water for making dosa batter. Normal dosa made using rice and urad needs fermentation of 8-9 hours and thus it needs time for preparations.
I make moong dosa many times for light dinner as well. Add grated vegetables like cabbage , carrots, cauliflowers ,onions to make nutritious lunch box dish for kids.Moong dosa goes well with any choice of chutney or sauce.I have posted recipe of simple moong dosa as follows.
- Whole moong 2 cups
- Green chili 3-4
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Garlic cloves 4
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and soak moong in enough water over nite or for 7-8 hours.
- Grind moong,chilies,coriander leaves ,garlic cloves with some water in grinder to get dosa batter.
- Add salt , cumin powder to the mixture and mix well.
- Add water in the dosa batter to get required consistency.
- Heat non stick pan and apply oil on it.
- Spread dosa batter in circular direction to make dosa.
- Roast moong dosa on both sides.
- Serve hot moong dosa with any choice of chutaney.