Kadhai baby corn curry is combination of capsicum and fresh baby corns cooked in onion and tomato gravy with some spices. This is perfect accompaniment for roti /paratha/naan. Whenever i have guests at home i cook paneer curries as special dishes.But if in case i don’t have paneer /cottage cheese at home then i go for baby corn curries and believe me they are relished by guests. I have avoided any masala or garam masala in this kadhai baby corn curry as its cooked for kids. ,but while making special ,spicy curry using garam masala becomes essential.
My kids like Baby corn. Baby corn is loved by kids because of its small size and crunchiness.I include baby corn in many vegetable curries. Please check another interesting Capsicum baby corn curry on the blog.
- Baby corns 1 cup
- Tomato 2
- Onions 1
- Capsicum 1
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves 3
- Cashew 1 tb spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Chili powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Wash and chop all vegetables.
- Heat pan and add oil in it.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds in hot oil.
- As seeds splutter add finely chopped onions in pan and saute.
- Add chopped tomatoes , ginger and garlic paste in pan and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped capsicum in pan and saute for 3-4 minutes or until oil separates from vegetable.
- Add all spices powder , salt , turmeric , chili powder in pan and mix well.
- Add chopped baby corn in pan and mix well.
- Add water as per required consistency and cook kadhai baby corn curry for 9- 10 more minutes
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve kadhai baby corn curry with roti or rice.