Pedha is very commonly used and easily available type of indian sweet. As it can be made instantly and available easily at sweets shops , it’s used on almost every celebration ,occasion ,festivals . There are many versions of this desert and with extra ingredient new falvour of pedhas can be made. Like add coco powder for making chocolate pedhas and add gulkand (Made up of rose petals) for making gulkand pedhas.I have posted here simple home made pedhas , instead of making paneer (Cottage cheese) ready made paneer can also be used in this recipe . But for mouth watering pedhas prefer using home made paneer.Full cream in milk makes pedha more rich and tasty.If available half cup of fresh cream can also be added in this milk.
- Milk full cream 1 litre
- Ghee 1/4 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Almonds 4-5 pieces
- Pistachios 4-5 pieces
- Corn flour 1 tb spoon
- Lemons 1
- Heat pan and add full cream milk in it.Boil milk and slow down flame.
- when milk reduces to half the volume add sugar in it .
- Squeeze lemon in milk for curdling milk.
- Mix corn flour with some water and stir to remove lumps.
- Add this corn flour paste in curdled milk.
- Add ghee while stirring the mixture.
- Cook mixture until it starts separating from the sides.
- Switch off the gas and let this pedha mixture cool down for few minutes.
- Apply ghee on hands and make round shapes by applying little pressure.
- Garnish pedhas with pistachios and almond strands.