When you have sweet tooth, your family have to eat desserts often:- ) . It’s not any quote, but the just simple statement. Actually, its fact of a woman of the house has sweet tooth, it’s obvious to have sweets and desserts at home. Excess sugar is not good for health, so I make desserts once a while only. And how to forget the fact sugar is directly proportional to weight also.
Today’s post is about this humble dessert Carrots Halawa / gajar ka halwa. Carrots are available in the winter season and thus carrots Halawa is winter special dish. Winter is the perfect season to eat all rich foods like dry fruits, ghee, and desserts. I make carrots Halawa, lauki ka halwa , beetroot Halawa during winter. These are perfect ways to make your kids eat these vegetables.
Carrots are rich source of vitamin A, C. Carrots Halawa is made using ingredients like carrots, milk, khoya and dry fruits.Mawa makes it creamy and rich in taste. I have posted here recipe of carrots Halawa using only full cream milk. Instead of full cream milk, condensed milk can be used but adjust sugar quantity accordingly as condensed milk has it. Try this Halawa recipe and let us know feedbacks in comments.
- Carrots 4-5
- Full cream milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Ghee 2 tb spoon
- Almonds 4-5
- Cashews 4-5
- Cardamom powder 1 pinch
- Wash and grate carrots using grater.
- Heat pan and pour ghee in it.
- Add grated carrots in hot ghee and roast it for 20 minutes at least on low flame.It takes at least 18-20 minutes to roast carrots.
- Add sugar and cup of full cream milk in carrots and mix well.
- Add chopped dry fruits and cook carrots halawa for 6-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with cur dry fruits and serve carrots halawa.