Carrots halawa /Gajar ka halawa is very popular desert made up of carrots mainly. As winter is season of carrots this halawa is mostly made in winters .Carrots are rich source of vitamin A so it is very good option for kids.
It can be made with easily available few ingredient like carrots ,milk . Mawa /khoya and dry fruits are optional .By adding mawa in it carrots halawa becomes very rich in taste and high calories too.
I have posted here recipe of carrots halawa using only full cream milk .Instead of full cream milk condensed milk can be used but adjust sugar quantity accordingly as condensed milk have it.
- Carrots 4-5
- Full cream milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Ghee 2 tb spoon
- Almonds 4-5
- Cashews 4-5
- Cardamom powder 1 pinch
- Wash and grate carrots using grater.
- Heat pan and pour ghee in it.
- Add grated carrots in hot ghee and roast it for 20 minutes at least on low flame.It takes at least 18-20 minutes to roast carrots.
- Add sugar and cup of full cream milk in carrots and mix well.
- Add chopped dry fruits and cook carrots halawa for 6-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with cur dry fruits and serve carrots halawa.