Cheese bombs is something interesting to try out for kids.Its having cheese as a hidden treat inside it.Calcium requirement of growing children is very high ,so meet this requirement dairy products are good options.Using dairy products in regular diet of children like cheese,paneer,curd are good options.
Cheese bombs can be made as a starter or as a evening snack .It gets ready with some pre preparation and easily available ingredients. The following recipe can be altered or varied as per available ingredients or choice.
I have used potatoes and cheese as main ingredients for making cheese bombs.Potato and breads for making balls and cheese cubes as a stuffing in it. Cheesy inside and crunchy outside cheesy bombs is favorite of my kids. Insert toothpicks in it while serving for giving and interesting touch . Cheese bombs goes well with tomato sauce or any choice of chutaney.
Similar way paneer (Cottage cheese ) bombs can also be made. Just use cottage cheese cubes instead of cheese cubes. Make sure to use fresh paneer for making paneer bombs as it will be softer than frozen paneer bombs.
- Potato 4
- Bread slices 4
- Cheese cubes 1 cup
- Green chili 2
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Garlic cloves 4-5
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt as per taste
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Wash and boil potatoes in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- Peel off covers of potatoes once they cool down and mash them.
- Remove crust of bread slices and make small pieces of slices.
- Grind garlic ,chili and coriander in grinder to get fine paste.
- Mix mashed potatoes , vegetable paste,bread pieces ,salt in a big bowl and make a dough.
- Take small piece of dough and make small ball of it covering cheese cube inside it.
- Heat pan and add oil in it for deep frying.
- Roll this cheese bomb in bread crumbs and deep fry in oil.
- Serve cheese bombs with ketchup.