Parathas are type of breads made with some stuffing in it.Parthas are very popular as its perfect combinations of flours ,vegetables and spices.When children hesitate to eat vegetables ,its good option to make parthas by using vegetables for them.Parathas are usually served with curd or raita(Mixture of selected vegetables/fruits and curd).Methi paratha is made using methi/fenugreek leaves and wheat flour.Similar way parthas can be made using seasonal green vegetables of choice.Don’t forget to add selected spices like garlic,ginger,carom seeds,cumin seeds powder to give spicy touch to this stuffed bread.
- Wheat flour / atta 4 cup
- Besan 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek leaves medium bunch
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Garlic cloves 5
- Green chili 2
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and finely chop fenugreek leaves
- Wash and finely chop coriander leaves
- Crush garlic cloves and green chili
- Heat pan and pour 1 tb spoon oil in it.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds to crackle and garlic chili paste in pan.
- Add chopped green leaves and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all spice powders and cook methi curry for 4-5 minutes.
- Switch off gas and let it cool.
- Add methi curry,besan , salt , cumin powder in wheat flour and make a hard dough.
- Let wheat dough rest for 15 minutes and make small balls of lemon size for rolling parathas.
- Roll and roast paratha on non stick pan.
- Apply oil and serve methi paratha with curd or any choice of chutaney.