Mattar panner is very tasty and intersting curry ,made using green peas and cottage cheese.Fresh green peas and paneer is cooked in tomato onion gravy with mild spices powder. Paneer (cottage cheese) is a magic ingredient that any dish made using it is extra delicious.There are many variations of mutter paneer curry ,here I have posted simple curry without any garam masala / spices. While making special Mutter paneer curry adding freshly ground spices / garam masala makes it more authentic.
As its winter and season of green peas and methi( fenugreek leaves) I have added blanched methi leaves in this mutter paneer for more nutrition. And it tastes different with methi leaves.Usually Methi leaves not used for making mutter paneer curry.
Mattar panner is served with type of rotis like naar, paratha or it goes well with rice also.Just follow step by step recipe and enjoy making matar panner at home.
- Paneer cubes 2 cups
- Green peas/mutter 1 cup
- Tomato 2
- Onions 2
- Green chili 2
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala 1 tea spoon
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Boil water in a pan and add washed green peas in it.Switch off gas after 4-5 minutes and let peas cook in hot water for another 5 minutes.Drain water and keep peas aside.
- Shallow fry paneer cubes and keep aside.
- Chop onions , tomatoes, chili , and make paste of ginger and garlic.
- Blanch fenugreek leaves and keep aside.
- Grind onions,chili, fenugreek leaves,ginger and garlic to get fine puree.
- Grind tomatoes ,corainder leaves to get fine puree.
- HEat heavy bottom pan and add oil in it.
- Add cumin and musterd seeds to splutter in oil and saute onions and other veggie puree in it.
- Add tomato puree to saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add all spice powders in pan and mix well.
- Add boiled green peas and mix all ingredients together.
- Let curry cook for 4-5 minutes and add fried paneer cubes in it.
- Adjust water as per consistency and cook curry for 5-6 more minutes.
- Switch off gas and serve mutter paneer curry with rice or roti.