Everyone has comfort foods and Kadhi ,khichadi is my comfort food.Actually I can eat almost everyday and I always make it when i am sick. Kadhi has many versions of recipes and I like kadhi made using buttermilk. Actually when I have more Curd in refrigerator. It’s flavoured with garlic,ginger and green chilles.It is mainly a side dish or accomapniment served with rice/khichadi/chapati. Along with curry leaves ,coriander any other vegetable of choice can be added in kadhi.I like kadhi made using following recipe.Please try it and if you have any suggestions post it in comments.
- Curd 2 cups
- Besan / chickpeas flour 1 tb spoon
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves 4
- Curry leaves 8-9
- Green chili 2
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee 1 tb spoon
- Blend curd with some water in blender to make buttermilk.
- Add besan flour in buttermilk and give nice whist again.
- Heat pan and add ghee in it.
- Add cumin ,mustard seeds in hot ghee to crackle also add pinch of asafoetida.
- Add curry leaves and green chili and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and saute.
- Pour butter milk which is whisked with besan.
- Add cumin powder and give a nice mix to kadhi.
- Let kadhi boil and then simmer it for 8-9 more minutes.
- Garnish kadhi with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice.