Kadhi and khichadi is my comfort food and i always make it when i fall sick or don;t want to eat anything else.That slight ginger flavour in tempered buttermilk gives kadhi perfect taste.Its made using buttermilk and there are many different version of recipes.Kadhi is served as a side dish with rice/khichadi/chapati.Along with curry leaves , coriander any other vegetable of choice can be added in kadhi.I like kadhi made using following recipe.Please try it and if you have any suggestions post it in comments.
- Curd 2 cups
- Besan / chickpeas flour 1 tb spoon
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves 4
- Curry leaves 8-9
- Green chili 2
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee 1 tb spoon
- Blend curd with some water in blender to make buttermilk.
- Add besan flour in buttermilk and give nice whist again.
- Heat pan and add ghee in it.
- Add cumin ,mustard seeds in hot ghee to crackle also add pinch of asafoetida.
- Add curry leaves and green chili and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and saute.
- Pour butter milk which is whisked with besan.
- Add cumin powder and give a nice mix to kadhi.
- Let kadhi boil and then simmer it for 8-9 more minutes.
- Garnish kadhi with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice.