Carrots porridge is very tasty and nutrition packed dessert made using carrots and cashew nuts. Carrots are rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and full of antioxidants so including carrots in more quantity in diet is very beneficial.
Carrots kheer can be given to babies /infants as well.It’s good option for popular carrot dessert carrots halawa.I often made it when kids get bored with carrots halawa and it takes very less time to make it as well.
This porridge is made using 4 ingredients like carrots, cashews ,cream(milk cream) and cardamom powder. So I call it often 4 ‘C’ porridge .I have posted here recipe of carrots porridge using only full cream milk. Instead of full cream milk condensed milk can be used but adjust sugar quantity accordingly as condensed milk have it.Along with cashews almonds can also be added in carrots porridge.
- Carrots 4-5
- Full cream milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Ghee 2 tb spoon
- Cashews 7-8 pieces
- Cardamom powder 1 pinch
- Wash carrots and cut into big pieces
- Pressure cook carrots and cashews in pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles or until cooked.
- Grind cooked carrots cashews in grinder with little water to get fine puree of it.
- Transfer carrots puree to pan and cook on low flame.
- Add sugar ,full cream milk and cook carrots kheer for 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and switch off the gas.
- Serve carrots kheer warm or chilled.