Paneer masala is spicy dish made by cooking marinated paneer in tomato ,coconut and onion gravy with selected spices. It can ebe served well with roti ,naan or plain rice. Paneer (cottage cheese) is such a magic ingredient that any dish made using it is extra delicious. Prefer fresh paneer for making this paneer masala curry as its softer than frozen paneer.Adding grated coconut in curry makes this paneer masala more tasty. Adding spices in this gravy makes it more aromatic ,use freshly ground spices for making paneer masala curry. Grated coconut gives different taste to this curry and increases nutritional value of it as well.
- Paneer cubes (Cottage cheese) 2 cups
- Tomato 2
- Onions 2
- Green chilies 2-3
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Curry leaves 9-10
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves 4-5
- Curd 1 cup
- Cashew 1 tb spoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Oil 2 tb spoon
Salt as per taste
- Water 2 cups
- Marinate paneer :
- Mix curd ,cumin powder,coriander powder,salt,chili +ginger +garlic paste in one bowl.Deep paneer cubes with this mixture and keep aside for at least one hour.
- Shallow fry marinated paneer cubes with some oil.
- For making gravy :
- Chop and grind onions ,tomatoes ,garlic,ginger in grinder with some water.Keep it aside.
- Chop chili , coriander leaves and grind in grinder with cashews to get fine paste.
- Heat kadhai and add oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds , mustard seeds and asafoetida to crackle seeds.
- Add curry leaves , green chili ,ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add onion ,tomato puree in pan and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all spices cumin,coriander,garam masala ,salt in pan and mix well.
- Add fried paneer cubes in pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water and mix all ingredients together and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve paneer masala with roti or paratha.