Hello all,Today’s post is 100 the post on my blog and I’m extremely happy to share it. Generally finding time for pursuing your passion is difficult. When I started blogging similar was my situation. It was tough to manage two children, house and blog. But slowly I learned to balance both the things. Blogging is my passion and it’s the biggest stress buster for me. I don’t know whether I am doing well, but One thing I know that’s I have learned millions of things by blogging. I feel so content when I write. There were many ups and downs but overall sit was wonderful journey up to now. It gives me immense pleasure to present 100th post on the blog. I am grateful to all my readers for support and love.
Today’s post is about one interesting recipe -Paneer masala. My kids love to eat paneer in all forms and so I try to make the variety of dishes using paneer as an ingredient. Paneer masala is the spicy dish made by cooking marinated paneer in tomato, coconut, and onion gravy with selected spices. It can be served well with roti, naan or plain rice. Paneer (cottage cheese) is such a magic ingredient that any dish made using it is extra delicious. Prefer fresh paneer for making this paneer masala curry as it’s softer than frozen paneer. Adding grated coconut in curry makes this paneer masala more tasty and nutritious. Use spices in moderate quantity for making curry aromatic.
Try making this tasty paneer masala curry and provide your feedbacks in comments.
- Paneer cubes (Cottage cheese) 2 cups
- Tomato 2
- Onions 2
- Green chilies 2-3
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Curry leaves 9-10
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves 4-5
- Curd 1 cup
- Cashew 1 tb spoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Oil 2 tb spoon
Salt as per taste
- Water 2 cups
- Marinate paneer :
- Mix curd ,cumin powder,coriander powder,salt,chili +ginger +garlic paste in one bowl.Deep paneer cubes with this mixture and keep aside for at least one hour.
- Shallow fry marinated paneer cubes with some oil.
- For making gravy :
- Chop and grind onions ,tomatoes ,garlic, ginger in a grinder with some water.Keep it aside.
- Chop chili, coriander leaves and grind in the grinder with cashews to get the fine paste.
- Heat kadhai and add oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida to crackle seeds.
- Add curry leaves , green chili ,ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add onion, tomato puree in the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all spices cumin, coriander,garam masala ,salt in the pan and mix well.
- Add fried paneer cubes in pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water and mix all ingredients together and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve paneer masala with roti or paratha.