I like anything made using eggs. I try to include eggs in kid’s diet as much as possible. Boiled eggs are ideal breakfast for anyone, and thus it’s our family favourite breakfast. I make eggs mayonnaise sandwich, eggs omelette and scrambled egg most of the time.
Egg curry is made by simmering boiled eggs in onion and tomato gravy. This delicious curry goes absolutely well with rice, chapatti, and paratha. It’s easy to make and nutritious curry .There are many variations of egg curry, here I have posted simple curry without using any spices.
- Boiled eggs are fried before adding in curry for better taste. If you want avoid deep frying of eggs then go for shallow frying.
- While making egg curry adding freshly ground spices / garam masala makes it spicy and tasty.
- Eggs 4
- Tomato 2 big
- Onions 2
- Green chili 2
- Garlic 4-5
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 1 tb spoon
- Cream 1 tb spoon
- Boil eggs in hot water for about 10 minutes or are hard boiled.
- Peel eggs and let cool down.
- Cut eggs to two pieces and deep fry /shallow fry in oil.
- Chop onions,chilies and tomatoes.
- Crush ginger , garlic using mortar pastel.
- Heat pan and add oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds to crackle and pinch of asafoetida.
- Add onions in pan and saute for a 2-3 minute or onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste in pan and mix well.
- Add tomatoes in pan and saute for a minute.
- Add all spice powders in vegetables and saute till oil starts separating from edges.
- Add fried eggs and water as per required consistency and mix well.
- Cook egg curry for 7-8 more minutes and switch off gas.
- Serve egg curry with rice or roti.