Egg curry is made using simple tomato, onion gravy and eggs. Eggs need to be boiled and then boiled eggs are deep fried or shallow fried for adding in curry.Frying eggs makes it more delicious but if you want this step can be avoided also.Eggs are very healthy using boiled eggs in different recipes is good option for providing all round nutrition to kids. Boiled eggs can be used in many ways in egg biryani ,egg kurma,egg masala.
Its easy to make and nutritious curry . There are many variations of egg curry ,here I have posted simple curry without any garam masala / spices.While making special egg curry adding freshly ground spices / garam masala makes it spicy and tasty.
- Eggs 4
- Tomato 2 big
- Onions 2
- Green chili 2
- Garlic 4-5
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 1 tb spoon
- Cream 1 tb spoon
- Boil eggs in hot water for about 10 minutes or are hard boiled.
- Peel eggs and let cool down.
- Cut eggs to two pieces and deep fry /shallow fry in oil.
- Chop onions,chilies and tomatoes.
- Crush ginger , garlic using mortar pastel.
- Heat pan and add oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds to crackle and pinch of asafoetida.
- Add onions in pan and saute for a 2-3 minute or onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste in pan and mix well.
- Add tomatoes in pan and saute for a minute.
- Add all spice powders in vegetables and saute till oil starts separating from edges.
- Add fried eggs and water as per required consistency and mix well.
- Cook egg curry for 7-8 more minutes and switch off gas.
- Serve egg curry with rice or roti.