Dhapate is type of roti /paratha made using multi grain flours, vegetables and spices. It tastes awesome with curd/ raita /homemade butter. It’s widely made in western part of India.
It’s very popular breakfast/ brunch recipe and multi-grains in it make it healthy option. Jowar flour/Atta, wheat flour/Atta, chickpeas flour are mainly used for making it. Other flours like the whole moong, mataki flour is also mixed while making dhapate for that extra nutrition and taste.
Vegetables like fenugreek leaves, spinach leaves are used for making this parathas. The vegetable combination and flour proportion can be changed as per choice. I am posting here onion and coriander dhapate recipe which is easy to make and full of nutrition. Pack it for lunch box of kids along with homemade butter or make it for weekend brunch. Try the dhapate recipe and let us know how it turned in comments.
- Jowar flour 2 cups
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Chickpeas flour 1 tb spoon
- Onions 2-3
- Coriander leaves medium-size bunch
- Garlic cloves 5-6
- Green chilli 2
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Ajwain seeds 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Wash and grate onions , garlic cloves.
- Wash and finely chop chilli and coriander leaves.
- Mix all flours and grated veggies in the big bowl.
- Add all dry spice powders in flour and knead the hard dough of it.
- Cover dough with wet cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat non stick pan and apply oil on it.
- Take a small piece of dough and make circular paratha by pressing it on a wet cloth.
- Or directly make them on the pan by pressing some small amount of kneaded dough with hands slowly.
Roast theses multi-grain parathas on both sides on low flame.pour spoon full of oil if needed.
Serve dhapate with butter/home made butter or curd.