If you enter a house early morning and could smell vegetable multigrain parathas or popularly known as dhapate ,then you are in maharashtra. Dhapate is type of roti /paratha made using multi grain flours ,vegetables and spices. It tastes perfect with curd/ raita /home made butter.
Its very popular breakfast/ brunch recipe and multi grains in it make it healthy option. Jowar flour/atta ,wheat flour/atta ,chickpeas flour are mainly used for making it. Other flours like whole moong ,mataki flour is also mixed while making dhapate for that extra nutrition and taste.
Vegetables like fenugreek leaves ,spinach leaves are used for making this parathas. Vegetables combination and flour proportion can be changed as per choice. I am posting here onion and coriander dhapate recipe which is easy to make and full of nutrition.Pack it for lunch box of kids along with home made butter or make it for weekend brunch.
- Jowar flour 2 cups
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Chickpeas flour 1 tb spoon
- Onions 2-3
- Coriander leaves medium size bunch
- Garlic cloves 5-6
- Green chili 2
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Ajwain seeds 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Wash and grate onions ,garlic cloves.
- Wash and finely chop chili and coriander leaves.
- Mix all flours and grated veggies in big bowl.
- Add all dry spice powders in flour and knead hard dough of it.
- Cover dough with wet cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat non stick pan and apply oil on it.
- Take small piece of dough and make circular paratha by pressing it on wet cloth.
1. Mix grated onions ,coriander leaves ,grated garlic cloves ,chilies in one bowl and keep it aside.
2. Mix all flours in above vegetable mixture .
3. Add salt ,cumin powder ,carom seeds powder,coriander powder ,turmeric in it and knead hard dough.
4.As onions have water /juice its sufficient to knead a dough. But if required add some water in flours while kneading. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
5. Heat and grease not stick pan with oil.
6. Make small circular parathas by pressing with hands on wet cloth covered chakala.
Or directly make them on pan by pressing some small amount of kneaded dough with hands slowly.
7. Roast theses multi grain parathas on both sides on low flame.pour spoon full of oil if needed.
8. Serve dhapate with butter / home made butter or curd.