Children also need their own space and perfect way to give it is having child’s room /corner in the house . Many children who are only child in a family / play alone as it’s not possible every time to get company of other kids or elder person. And many toddlers , children like to play and talk to own self actually they enjoy doing so. Kids own room or corner in the house gives them their own space to explore , to imagine ,to play to study and what not.Having children corner / room in house is essential as it helps to shape their imagination and creativity . Child will feel it’s his /her own world and learn to be independent.It’s actually becomes their comfort zone and also for grown up children it’s important to have their own space for studying. This children’s room is very useful when you have guests at home or when you are watching Television. Excess screen time can be avoided by engaging children in their own activities. Make sure to ask your child to keep all their toys and stuff neatly in their room /corner after using it. It will be of great help for mommy and child will learn to take care of all belongings from young age. Implement some of the following creative ideas and decorate beautiful , little world of your child .
Here are simple ways for making own world of your little prince/ princess :
1. Dedicate different room or any available corner of the house for children . Make sure kids corner is clean and reserved only for kids and there should not be anything other on the place.
2. Keep on changing its setting after 2-3 months. Its not necessary to use all expensive and exclusive furniture. But with easily available things like stickers , small toys ,drawings and paintings done by your child can also be used to decorate child’s room. Keep framed photos of child, family as well.
3. Paste or draw a small rainbow ,clouds on wall , using tharmacol sheets and water color. Use glittery stars and poster of Sun to decorate sky of her /his own. Many carton themes decorative materials are available in the market . Make use of it for special touch.
4. For princess room use stickers or paint crowns , princess , barbies and dolls pictures. Write down sweet line E.G. – “My Diva Diana” .Use pink ,purple or white color things for decorating princess corner. Your little princess will feel that she is in her own palace.
5. For prince give a touch of playground to room .For that use stickers or paint balls in motion ,bats ,rackets and also use favourite player poster on the wall for decorating. Write or paste line “My champion Ryan (kids name)”.And the playground of your champion is ready to play.
6. Spread small washable playing mat (Printed with cartoon or alphabets ) in the children corner for seating or playing. Mat provides protection from falling while playing as well.
7.Keep all and toys, soft toys and books in the children’s room. Keep it covered in basket in nearby decorated corner so whenever children are at the place they can enjoy playing with the favourite toys or read a book.
8. Keep box of pencils, colors, crayons, glue, glitters as activity box in the children’s room. So kids can use it for drawing ,painting and other creations.Having little black/white board in room will provide your child a canvas to draw or study.
9. If your child loves reading make tiny library of his/her favorite books, comics in separate shelf. It will help to enact reading habits from young age.
10. Decorate you child’s room with his/ her favorite things and also make sure to Keep all child’s medals ,certificates (of any achievement ) in this shelf for encouraging them.
11. Keep small wooden or plastic table/ chair available in the child’s room ,so that kids can study or eat food by seating on it.