Moong sprouts are rich source of protein,thiamin,niacin like nutrients. Sprouts are extremely nutritious and can be made from different seeds,beans.As sprouts are beneficial food for good digestion and weight loss also,I started eating sprouts daily .Everyday eating plain sprouts for breakfast was getting bored, so I though of making different dishes using these wonderful sprouts.
Morning hours are very busy as everyone in house need to rush for work or school, so made this hassle free appe using moong sprouts.It is quick to make and needs very less oil.Use any choice of grated vegetables for making sprouts.Generally i add available veggies in sprouts.
- Whole moong 2 cups
- Onions 2
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Green chili 4
- Garlic cloves 4
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and soak whole moong in water for upto 8-10 hours.
- Drain water from soaked moong and keep it covered in container (or Tie in wet cloth) and keep aside for sprouting.
- Grind sprouts, chilies, onions,coriander leaves and garlic with some water in grinder.
- Add cumin powder, salt and water as per required consistency in batter and mix well.Make sure batter should not be very runny.
- Switch on gas and heat greased appe pan with oil .
- Pour batter in appe pan with spoon and cover using lid.
- Cook appe on low flame for 5 minutes and turn on other side.
- Roaste appe on both sides till golden color.
- Serve appe with any choice of chutaney.
Special appe pan is necessary for making appe as shown in below pic. These appe pan are easily available at utensils stores. Non stick appe pan need very less oil or no oil for making appe so prefer non stick pans.