Its summer and season of chilled drinks.Butter milk is popular cold drink made using curd at home.Its served on street side specially during summer.Masala buttermilk is flavored butter milk with few vegetables and spices. Spices used for making flavored buttermilk can be of choice like dry ginger,black pepper,cumin, black salt or normal salt can be used alternatively. Vegetables like coriander ,cucumber,chilies are used for making masala buttermilk.I have posted here masala buttermilk recipe using few ingredients to sooth this summer heat .Enjoy this cold drink after having your lunch and get that cool feeling.
- Curd 2 cups (Made up of full cream milk)
- Green chilies 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves small bunch finely chopped
- Ginger 1/4 inch piece finely chopped
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Black salt as per taste
- Water 2 cups
- Ice cubes 2
- Blend curd , green chilies ,ginger,cumin powder and salt in blender to get it nicely blend together.
- Add water in blender and again give a nice whisk to buttermilk.
- Add ice cubes and serve Masala buttermilk.