Poha(beaten rice) is mainly served as breakfast.It has its many different version.Kande/onion poha is famous recipe in maharashtra. Kande/onions poha is a must to have delicacy in western parts of india and it makes healthy snacks too.
This poha has a taste of tangy lemons and slight sweetness of sugar as well which makes it mix of sweet and tangy .Posting here no oil poha recipe.Its extremely delicious while serving serving purpose of less calories diet.Oil in this recipe is optional as it tastes good without oil as well.
- Poha /beaten rice 2 cup
- Green chili 4
- Onions 1
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Curry leaves 8-9
- Peanuts 2 tb spoon
- Lemon 1
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Chop onions ,chilies and coriander leaves.
- Roast peanuts and keep it aside.
- Heat pan and pour oil in it.
- Wash poha and drain all water from it.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds to hot oil and as seeds splutter add chopped onions and saute.
- Add green chilies ,curry leaves, coriander leaves and roasted peanuts in pan and saute for 2 minute.
- Add turmeric powder , salt sugar in pan and mix well.
- Add soaked poha in pan and mix well.
- Cover and cook poha for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot poha with lemon wedges.