Ice cream must be most favourite summer cooler for many people. I make variety of ice cream recipes at home. Mango flavour ice cream is my most favourite ice cream, but I have to wait for alphanso mangoes till summer. Today’s post is about kesar pista ice cream recipe, it’s egg free, home made and easy recipe. Saffron and pistachios are used to flavour ice cream. It tastes much like the Kulfi. All ingredients of this ice cream are easily available and i have not used any ice cream mix for making it. Enjoy this ice cream with any choice of toppings.
For making saffron pistachios ice cream soft , it needs to be whisked/beaten few times in mixer / using beater.
Directions to cook:
1. Mix corn flour with 2 tb spoon of milk to make fine corn flour paste of it. Keep it aside.
2. Add full cream milk in thick bottom big pan.Bring it to boil and add sugar in it.
3. When sugar dissolves add corn flour paste in milk while stirring it .Make sure to avoid lumps.
4. Mix saffron strands in 2 tb spoon of milk and dissolve it.
5. Milk will start thickening after some time .
6. Add saffron and milk mixture in thickened milk.
7. Add finely chopped pistachios pieces in milk while stirring.
8. Simmer thickened milk on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
9. Switch off gas and beat thickened milk with a beater /mixer.Keep it aside.
10. Beat milk cream separately using beater / mixer for whipping it .
11. Mix whipped milk cream and above thickened milk.
12. Keep this mixture of whipped cream and thickened milk/ kesar pista ice cream in ice cream box (Aluminium box )and close lid tightly .
13. Keep ice cream filled box in freezer for setting ice cream.
14. After 1 hour take it out from freezer and beat or whisk again with mixer.Its necessary to make ice cream more softer.
15. Keep kesar pista ice cream in freezer for setting again. It will take 3-4 hours to set ice cream.
16. Serve kesar pista or saffron pistachio ice cream with any choice of toppings.