Tomato chutaney is favorite and must have side dish for dosas ,idali ,wadas like south indian dishes. It can be served with puri ,paratha or roti as well.I use this multi purpose chutaney for making vegetable sabdwiches also. I use it as a fresh home made spread for applying on breads.If tomatoes are ripe chutney will get slightly sweet taste and if you want more tangy taste then use not so ripe tomatoes.Today posting here quick to make tomato onion chutaney recipe.Try making this chutney with idali/ dosa
Tomato chutney is multi-purpose chutney, which can be used as a accompaniment and a spread. I make it as a accompaniment with dosa, idli ,Vadas. It can be served with puri, paratha or roti as well. I make vegetables sandwiches also by using this tomato chutney as a spread and its very tasty. Following recipe is made using tempering, but it can be made without tempering as well. It has very good shelf life and can be used for 3-4 days. Try this recipe of tomato chutney and post feedback in the comments section.
- Tomatoes 4
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Red chilies dried 4
- Tamarind pulp 1 tb spoon
- Oil 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin and mustard seeds 1 tea spoon
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Wash and chop tomatoes and make paste of garlic.
- Roast peanuts and keep aside.
- Heat pan and oil in it.
- Once oil gets hot add garlic paste in oil and saute.
- Add chopped tomatoes in oil and saute till tomato gets translucent.
- Let it cool and grind fried tomatoes , roasted peanuts and tamarind pulp in grinder to get fine paste.
- Heat pan and add oil in it.
- After oil getting hot add cumin,mustard seeds, asafoetida in it and add ground tomato mixture.
- Add water as per required consistency and cook tomato chutney for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve tomato chutney with idli/dosa or puri.