As it’s started raining here. Everyone in house wants to eat pakoras (fritters).After trying zucchini pakora ,onion pakora , cabbage pakora I thought of making something chatpata chat. Eating everyday deep fried fritters is not good and so decided to switch over chat and other snacks.So i bought ready made puris ( used for making panipuri usually ) and i made this chatpati and quick dish potato masala puri.Its perfect for chat and chatpata food cravings .It need some potato masala made from boiled potato and sev for making this chat.Green chutney and tamrind chutney are optional ,but if used it makes it more tangy ,sweet and tasty.
- Potatoes 2 big
- Sev 1 cup
- Onions 1
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Black salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Chat masala 1/2 tea spoon
- Chili powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Puri 15
- Sweet tamarind chutaney 2 tb spoon
- Green chutney : Grind chilies,coriander leaves,mint leaves,salt,cumin powder with some water to get this green chutney.
- Sweet chutney : For making sweet chutney clean and soak tamrind in water for an hour.Extract pulp of it .
- Boil tamrind pulp , salt , jaggery, cumin powder with some water for 7-8 minutes to get tamrind chutney.
- Potato masala :Boil potatoes and peel off covers.
- Mash potatoes and add green chutney, tamarind chutney,salt and chili powder in it.
- Assemble puris and fill thus potato masala in it.
- Sprinkle chopped onions ,char masala and serve potato masala chat/puri.