Chat is my all-time favourite snacks and important thing is it can be made with own set of ingredients. Chat makes perfect starter for your get together, party, potluck. Yesterday I had guests at home and was running out of starter ideas. I recently made Bhelpuri, panipuri, sev puri from the chat league and wanted to try something new. Once I had potato puri at friend’s house and decided to give a try on this easy chat recipe as a starter. All you need to do for making it is cook potato masala using boiled potatoes and spices. Sprinkle your favorite set of chutneys like green chutney, tamarind chutney and sev on it and serve. Try this potato masala puri and provide your feedbacks in comments section.
- Potatoes 2 big
- Sev 1 cup
- Onions 1
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Black salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Chat masala 1/2 tea spoon
- Chili powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Puri 15
- Sweet tamarind chutaney 2 tb spoon
- Green chutney : Grind chilies,coriander leaves,mint leaves,salt,cumin powder with some water to get this green chutney.
- Sweet chutney : For making sweet chutney clean and soak tamrind in water for an hour.Extract pulp of it .
- Boil tamrind pulp , salt , jaggery, cumin powder with some water for 7-8 minutes to get tamrind chutney.
- Potato masala :Boil potatoes and peel off covers.
- Mash potatoes and add green chutney, tamarind chutney,salt and chili powder in it.
- Assemble puris and fill thus potato masala in it.
- Sprinkle chopped onions ,char masala and serve potato masala chat/puri.