Children love variation in their food and so i always make different combination of curries to serve with their roti. Eating same types of curry is boring for children.Baby corn are loved by my kids for their small size and crunchiness.I try to include variety of baby corn recipes in their diet as Baby corn are rich source of carbohydrates and proteins.
I try to make baby corn curry with some other vegetable to make it interesting and more nutritious. Here is another curry made using fresh baby corns and cabbage. It can be served with roti /fulaka /naan. I often make this curry for lunchbox of my children and it gets finished easily.
Cooking Time :30 min
Baby corn washed and chopped 1 cup
Tomato chopped 1
Onions chopped 1/2
Cabbage chopped 2
Ginger small piece
Garlic cloves 3
Oil 1 tb Spoon
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
Chili powder 1/4 tea spoon
Coriander powder 1/4 tea spoon
Water 2 cup
Cumin seeds powder 1 tea spoon
Directions to Cook :
1. Heat kadhai and add oil in it.
2. Add cumin seeds and mustard in oil to make tempering.
3. As mustard splutter add chopped onions in it and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes ,crushed ginger garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Keep on stirring veggies until oil separates from it.
6. Add cumin powder,turmeric,salt,coriander powder ,chili powder in it.
7. Add chopped baby corn and cabbage in it and saute all vegetables for another 5-6 minutes.
8. Add enough water / as per required consistency for cooking baby corn and cabbage and
Cook for 10 to 12 minutes .
9. Garnish cabbage baby corn curry with coriander leaves while serving.