Onion pakora /bhajiya might be most favorite snacks/street snacks across almost all parts of India. This easy to make fritters are most sought after tea time snacks and loved by all. Many people celebrate rains by eating pakore with hot ginger tree. I’m big fan of pakora and I make different variation of it by using variety of vegetables , paneer/cottage cheese. Today I’m posting onion pakore with fenugreek leaves in it.I use some tips for making onion pakore crunchy as I like crunchy pakoras. My mom uses this tips and so I started following it which makes real difference. Here we go for methi and onions pakore simple recipe.Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out in comments.
- Besan /chickpeas flour 2 cups
- Onions 2
- Fenugreek leaves small bunch
- Green chili 2
- Garlic cloves 4
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Carom seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Chop onions in thin slices and sprinkle 1/4 tea spoon of salt on it.
- Wash and chop fenugreek leaves and keep it aside.
- Mix chickpeas flour and other dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions in above dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add water as er required consistency in pakora batter.
- Heat pan and heat oil in it
- Add 2 tb spoon of oil in pakora batter for making crispy pakoras.
- Mix all ingredients again and deep fry small pakoras in hot oil.
- Fry pakoras on both sides and drain oil from it before taking out of pan.
- Serve hot pakora with chai/ginger tea.