Including variety of vegetables in diet is good for health.There is nothing like having mixed vegetables gravy as a side dish in your meal. Use variety of seasonal vegetables and make this colorful vegetable curry which goes well with almost any indian bread or rice. When I am lazy for chopping vegetables I make this mixed vegetable gravy. Now you might think how chopping can be avoided for making mixed vegetables gravy as it includes chopping of vegetables. But I usually make this curry from frozen vegetables which are already chopped and make my work easy.I have added paneer cubes in mixed vegetables and its optional step.
Cooking Time :30 min
- Mixed vegetables (Carrots +peas+ French beans) 2 cups
- Cauliflower florets ½ cup
- Paneer cubes ½ cup (Optional)
- Tomato chopped 1 big size
- Onions chopped 1
- Green chili chopped 4
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Ginger small piece
- Garlic cloves 5
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds 9-10
- cumin seeds 9-10
- Coriander powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala 1 tea spoon
- Oil 1 tb Spoon
- Water 2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Chop onions ,tomatoes ,chili and keep it aside.
- Crush garlic, ginger to make paste .Keep it aside.
- Heat kadhai and add oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard ,asafoetida in oil once it gets hot.
- As mustard splutter add chopped onion in it and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger and garlic paste in it and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes in kadhai and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Keep on stirring veggie puree until oil separates from it.
- Add mixed vegetables in kadhai and mix well. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes in kadhai and mix all ingredients properly.
- Add cumin ,coriander powder, turmeric, salt and garam masala in vegetables.
- Add enough water (As per required consistency) for cooking
- Cook mixed vegetables for another 4-5 minutes.
- Switch off gas and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve mixed vegetables with roti / paratha / naan or rice.