Potato might be most widely cooked vegetable and its popular for taste too.Potatoes are easily available through all seasons and may be that’s the reason its widely used. It makes any dish tasty if added in it. There are numerous versions of potato curry and it is served as a side dish with Roti,parathas, puris,kulchas and kachori. Potato curry is tasty and goes well with almost any indian breads.
Today I’m posting easy to make potato curry with gravy recipe. It’s my favorite dish in jiffy as it gets ready quickly and goes well with roti as well as rice.Any other vegetable of choice like green peas can be added in this potato gravy curry to make it more nutritious and tasty.For getting thin consistency add more water in potato gravy, here i have added less water to get more detailed pictures of curry.
- Potatoes 5
- Tomato 1
- Onions 1
- Green chili 1
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Garlic cloves 4
- Mustard and cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Wash and pressure cook potatoes in cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- Peel of covers of potatoes and cut into pieces.
- Chop onions , tomatoes, chili and make paste of garlic.
- Heat pan and add oil in it.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds in hot oil to crackle.
- Add garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all dry spices in veggies and mix well.
- Add chopped potatoes ,water as per required consistency in pan and mix well.
- Cook potato curry fro 10 minutes and switch off gas.
- Garnish potato curry with chopped coriander leaves and serve.