When I woke up today morning, I first checked the fridge for making vegetable curry. And surprised to see empty vegetable box, then I remembered I forgot to buy vegetables last week. So for making lunch box I needed a vegetable and I decided to cook this humble potato curry.
Potato is most liked vegetable of my both kids and luckily it’s available throughout the year. So I make potato curry often with different recipes. There are numerous versions of potato curry and it is served as a side dish with Roti, parathas, puris, kulchas and kachori.
Today I’m posting easy to make potato curry with gravy recipe. It’s my favourite dish in jiffy as it gets ready quickly and goes well with roti as well as rice. Any other vegetable of choice like green peas can be added in this potato gravy curry to make it more nutritious and tasty. For getting thin consistency add more water in potato gravy. Try this potato curry recipe and let us know your feedback in comments.
- Potatoes 5
- Tomato 1
- Onions 1
- Green chili 1
- Coriander leaves small bunch
- Garlic cloves 4
- Mustard and cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 2 tb spoon
- Wash and pressure cook potatoes in cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- Peel of covers of potatoes and cut into pieces.
- Chop onions , tomatoes, chili and make paste of garlic.
- Heat pan and add oil in it.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds in hot oil to crackle.
- Add garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all dry spices in veggies and mix well.
- Add chopped potatoes ,water as per required consistency in pan and mix well.
- Cook potato curry fro 10 minutes and switch off gas.
- Garnish potato curry with chopped coriander leaves and serve.