Young babies are more prone to Diarrhoea and there might be many reasons behind it. Weather change, infections, food allergies, impure water or food can cause the discomfort. If your child has diarrhoea then consult a doctor immediately, as it may lead to dehydration. It is extremely important to take care of your child’s diet to ease from diarrhoea. And make sure to give plenty of correct fluids to avoid dehydration. Doctors prescribe medication and Oral hyderation like ORS. Along with proper medication baby needs rest and care.There are some home Remedies are helpful for relieving pain and fast recovery from Diarrhoea. Following is the quick guide about diet , hyderation of baby having diarrhoea.
Home remedies to cure diarrhoea in babies
1.Give a mixture of honey and dried ginger powder to the baby, every few hours. This will help to curb diarrhoea.
2. Hydration is extremely important, Remember feeding your child with the ORS or oral rehydration solution in every 20 – 25 minutes. You can make the solution at home by mixing 8 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt to 1 litre of water. Keep the solution safe and feed your child with the little amount at a time throughout the day.
3. Dairy products may worsen the problem, so it’s best to avoid giving any dairy product. Yoghurt is the only dairy product that works as a binder and aids the digestive system and helps to cure. As yoghurt has good bacteria, necessary for improving gut health. Give thin buttermilk to your baby.
4.If your baby has lactose intolerance doctors ask to stop the milk till it cures. If your baby is younger than one year, In that case, check for alternative options for the milk. For older babies give solids instead of milk till it cures.
5. Give pomegranate juice at regular intervals. This will help in rehydrating the child.
6. Gripe Water – This is a certified remedy especially if the diarrhoea is due to teething. Make sure the gripe water is certified and organic one before giving it to your child.
7. Cut one apple and boil it in water till it is tender. Add one teaspoon of sugar and 2 pinches of nutmeg powder in it. Feed it 1 teaspoon twice a day to the child.
8. Avoid giving your child a heavy meal. Feed him/ her with small quantities of food, a number of times. This will put less pressure on the digestive system and relieve the system too.
9. Add 3 cups of water to one chopped papaya. Boil for 10 minutes and then strain the papaya from the water. Feed 2 teaspoons two times a day.
10. Diet – the baby who has started solid food can be given a cooked puree of carrot. Vegetable soups in which sugar and salt are mixed should be given. Better to cut down on fruits till the baby recovers. You can give following easy to digest meals to the baby. e.g. rice kanji, rice and mooing dal khichadi, sheera, dal rice, thin Uama, buttermilk.
11. Continue Breastfeeding – For mothers who are breastfeeding their infants, they should continue feeding them. This will save the child from getting dehydrated.
12. It’s best not to give any fruits to the baby when he/she has diarrhoea. If your baby takes fruits then specifically avoid giving peaches, plums and apricots.