Onion fritters or pyaj ke pakora /bhajiya are one of the most popular snacks. If you are travelling by bus in India, you will find hot fritters getting fried at every crowded bus stop. Easy to make recipe and unbeatable taste make this snacks so special. Rains are celebrated by having this chickpeas flour fritters and ginger tea. Actually it’s been said rain tea and fritters are the made for each other combo. But I don’t need rain for making fritters or pakoda. There shouldn’t be any reason to eat your favourite food. Isn’t it ?
I make many types of pakora as a tea time snacks on weekends. I use vegetables like potato, capsicum, spinach, fenugreek leaves and sometimes paneer for making fritters. Today I’m posting onion fritters recipe with fenugreek leaves in it. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out in comments.
- Besan /chickpeas flour 2 cups
- Onions 2
- Fenugreek leaves small bunch
- Green chili 2
- Garlic cloves 4
- Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Carom seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Chop onions in thin slices and sprinkle 1/4 tea spoon of salt on it.
- Wash and chop fenugreek leaves and keep it aside.
- Mix chickpeas flour and other dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions in above dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add water as er required consistency in pakora batter.
- Heat pan and heat oil in it
- Add 2 tb spoon of oil in pakora batter for making crispy pakoras.
- Mix all ingredients again and deep fry small pakoras in hot oil.
- Fry onion fritters on both sides and drain oil from it before taking out of pan.
- Serve onion and methis fritters with ketchup.