If you ask me what’s your favourite breakfast recipe then answer is Dhapate. Being Maharashtrian it’s obvious to be a fan of this multigrain paratha. Dhapate is made using multi-grain flours, vegetables and spices. I often make dhapate for breakfast or brunch. It tastes awesome with curd/ raita /homemade butter.It’s very popular breakfast/ brunch recipe and multi-grains in it make it healthy option. Jowar flour/Atta, wheat flour/Atta, chickpeas flour are mainly used for making it. Other flours like the whole moong, mataki flour is also mixed while making dhapate for that extra nutrition and taste.
Vegetables like fenugreek leaves, spinach leaves, bottlegourd, cucumbers are used for making this paratha. The vegetable combination and flour proportion can be changed as per choice. I am posting here onion and coriander dhapate recipe which is easy to make and full of nutrition. Spice it up with carom seeds, green chillies, garlic, cumin seeds powder. Pack it for lunch box of kids along with homemade butter or make it for weekend brunch. Try the dhapate recipe and let us know how it turned out in comments.
- Jowar flour 2 cups
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Chickpeas flour 1 Tb spoon
- Onions 2-3
- Coriander leaves a medium-size bunch
- Garlic cloves 5-6
- Green chilli 2
- Oil 2 TB spoon
- Ajwain seeds 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin seeds powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Wash and grate onions, garlic cloves.
- Wash and finely chop chilli and coriander leaves.
- Mix all flours and grated veggies in the big bowl.
- Add all dry spice powders in flour and knead the hard dough of it.
- Cover dough with wet cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat non stick pan and apply oil on it.
- Take a small piece of dough and make circular paratha by pressing it on a wet cloth.
- Or directly make them on the pan by pressing some small amount of kneaded dough with hands slowly.
Serve dhapate with butter/homemade butter or curd.