Rice is very easy to digest and most widely used food across world. While starting solids to baby /infant mainly rice is started. This rice smoothie is given to infants and it’s very nutritious food to start as solid.Mushyor overcooked rice and lentils are popular food given as a solids to babies.My younger daughter loved to eat rice smoothie when she was baby.I gave this rice smoothie to both my kids while starting solids.It tastes yummy and easy to make as well. Cashew, almond powder can be added in 1/2 spoon quantity in this smoothie to increase its nutritious value .Adding Sugar is optional in this rice smoothie , if you want to avoid sugar sprinkle pinch of salt.
- Rice half cup
- Milk half cup
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Ghee 1 tea spoon
- Wash and soak rice in 2 cup of water for 3-4 hours.
- Grind soaked rice with little water in grinder to get fine paste.
- Heat thick bottom pan and add ghee in it.
- Add rice paste in hot ghee and roast it for 5-6 minutes.
- Add sugar ,milk in pan while stirring and cook for 5-6 more minutes.
- Serve rice smoothie.